You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

"When Raptor was in Korea's Land...Let my people go"

Sorry, Ferris Buller flash back. The Solitude is setting in, of course that could be because I haven't the motel room. And why you ask, well, I'm going to a different part of the country and there is no reason to walk around trying to find my way around in a town I will rarely go. Also, it helps me refrain from impluse spending. I was told by the Manager to go and eat Korean food everyday so I get use to it. But I decide to fast for a few days considering the 2nd day I was here I couldn'r stop blowing my nose and has a wicked sinus headache. So, water, maybe some tea and plenty of rest is what I did and I feel better. Hopefully a lot of mucus was expelled by now.

One thing that I am upset about is my playstation won't work here in the motel room. It could be an isolated incident (the plug adapter and power converter work but sit kinda loose in the plug). I saw the red light go on but then immdetilly fade away. Also, I plugged it into a a three plug holder which seems a little big for most plugs. We'll see I guess.

Well, today I go to work. It is 5am now but I can't sleep much more. I should get a place today and hopefully a bank account with a little money from my first pay check. Problem is that I can't find much on this town. I'm 100% certain it isn't like a rice pattie town, but something concerns me. The Manager told me that Ansung City is a rather traditional town. But how traditional. Traditional in just culture and mannerisms or does that include Tech also. I'm Icheon and Seoul are one thing but Ansung City is hard to find by web search. Best I found was some stuff about factories and businesses. They wouldn't just stick me in some place with no electricy or something, I know cause they told me. The main reason i don't have place yet is cause they want me to have an apartment an American would feel comfortable in but they were unsure about that so why not consult the American when he gets here. Short notice and all but will see. I guess that is what is so bothersome (small it my be) is I just have to wait and see for a lot of things. I'm mean I'm teaching like four classes to today, well, intros anyway, but still, these are kids who have very little English training.

Okay, I'm going to at least write down what I need to do on my blog so that it is written down somewhere:
-Give expenses to Manager for re-imbersment of funds
-Find apartment preferable close to school
-Get bank account
-Get phone card and find out how to make international calls
-Find Internet usage in new town
-Find Grocery store and buy essentials
-Listen to Korean Audio at least 3-4 times today
-Find important documents in Lugguge
-Try to find cheap food
-Explore the town a little but remember way home with each step
-Make sure I can wire transfer or pay bills from bank account

I think that is all. I'm gonna get cleaned up, have another cup of tea, maybe some coffee, and wait for a phone call form the Manager...or call him. I'll make the call around 9am if I still don't hear anything.

2 comments:

AliKat said...

Good luck with your first classes and finding an apartment and getting your ps2 to work. Hopefully you will be able to get that phone card soon. Miss you lots!!

Anonymous said...

Gee are you sure that to do list is long enough????

Good luck with the little kiddies, don't let them bite you.
k