You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It is a bird, it is a plane, No, it is the biggest update ever

Okay, small update while I'm still thinking about it.

First, the last update, well, things didn't stop there for that being a weird "Ex" day. I got to work and Aussie asked me to go get lunch at a sub shop. I had no idea where a close one would be so he gave me directions to the closest one. When I get there I noticed the town I was in was Underwood, Iowa....yeah, she lives in this town....hmm. So I told him and many others about my kinda odd day and what happens at one of my going away parties that evening (thinking it had all been over with for the day), I pass out the book I got to learn Korean with I just so happen to pick up a book and look at the authors name....a random book mind you and a random glance at the name....I have not looked at the other authors nor do I cause I don't really pay attention to that sort of thing but the authors name is....Joan V. Underwood....yeah....now I hear that she "plans" to make an appearance at my last going away party....she never really is good with plans though....so we'll see.

Okay, I will update this particular post when I get home....really....;)

Okay, AND NOW, FOR THE GREATEST, or at least biggest, UPDATE I HAVE EVER DONE.....DRUMROLL PLEASE.....
.....
.....
So last friday, I was driving to work and at 30th and Cumming, this pregnant lady was stopping traffic asking for a ride. At first I thought she was trying to cross the street until she approached my car. She said that no one was stopping and she lived a few blocks away and injured her feet a while back. She thought she could tough it out but she broke down and was trying to depend on the kindness of strangers. So I gave her a lift, I figured if I was going to be late to work it might as well be for a pregnant lady in duress. So I drove around the block (literally) and dropped her off....she literally lived on 32nd and Cumming. She had twisted her angles when she was walking and trying to avoid broken glass. BTW, your story teller is not an easy con, from the moment she began to approach my car I suspected she was coning me but a small ride wasn't going to hurt me. When I drop her off she then tells me her sob story, at this point all I hear is a con but I give her the benefit of the doubt, she tells me she doesn't have enough money (6 bucks shy) for a cab to visit her son in the hospital. Now as she is bawling in my car a few thought race through my head.

1. She must have been trying to score a ride for a while now and I, being the good simaritan, was the ONLY one who did give her a ride.
2. Were this not a con and real what kind of ass would I be to give her a ride and not give her 6 bucks, I mean 6 bucks come on, what kinda con asks for 6 bucks.
3. I am trying to go to Korea and save a little money before I go, I was on my way to work to pick up my pay check and feeling pretty happy about it til this cause I knew that I had very little if any money in my bank account (I had figured that I had about 14 bucks in my account earlier and wanted to be very frugal in my spending).
4. I also knew that if I were to give this woman some money I would have to take some out of my account cause I had no cash on me.
5. Were this real, how much bad luck does this woman have that it took her a while to find a ride, twisted both of her angles, asking for a ride at 30th and Cumming (not the best place to find a good simaritan), but to get the ride (which was 2 blocks) and find the only good simaritan with no money to speak of to offer even if he wanted to.

So, after a few minutes I asked where the nearest ATM was. I figured that no matter if this was a con or not, she needs the 6 bucks more than I do at that moment in time. Whe get to the gas station and I go to the ATM, I take my keys out and head inside (btw at this point I would like to say how proud I feel that I never leave anything in my car for anyone to steal, I felt confident that if she were to steal anything it would be the car and it is insured) I get to the ATM and the damn thing won't read my card. I swipe slow, I swipe fast, I swipe in between. I do it like 20 times and nuthin. Number 5 from above come swimming back over me. I decide to do it one more time....it reads it. I punch in 20 bucks, praying that that much is still in my account. I get a slip of paper telling me insufficient funds....out of desperation I try to get 10 bucks out cause it is one of those machines where you punch in the amount but nowhere does it say what dollar increment. I get 10 bucks.

At this moment I ask myself should I break the 10 or just give her the whole thing. I decide to give the whole thing to add to my good simaritaness. She asks if there were any problems when I get back to the car and I tell her the whole story. Should looks at me blankly and asks how much is in my account now. I look at my recipe and sure enough, 4 bucks were left. I laugh to myself for figuring right earlier. She takes the 10 and goes inside for a hot dog and drink cause she had been walking a lot and worked up a hunger. Then I take her home. Throughout this whole ordeal she tells me of her son and gives me numbers and addresses doctors and room numbers and her work place and time she will work so that she can pay me back and everything I would need to collaborate her story. We even talk a little about the drink I had (which was a juiced veggie drink, she had never heard nor seen of anything like it) and enjoy my compilation CD....she's a metal fan....Anyway, she kisses me and blesses me, thanks me and goes on her way, which in all honesty was what good simaritans work for, the kiss was bit of a shock though. Well, were it a con, she is one of the best. Not only was here con simple and straight forward but the one being conned leaves feeling good about themselves. How a con should be. Never let on it was a con so that one day you can con again and you may run into the same target. Anyway, that was friday....
....
....
Oh, I also want to mention that I feel a little redeemed. A year ago, a guy approached my car asking for a ride. He had been walking and was asking for a ride for a while. He had a bar in his leg for the war and looked a little scraggly. We live next to a biker bar so I figured he could have come from there. Well, I said no and when to work mostly cause I felt it was a con and this guy could have taken me. That is the trick of con btw always make the one being conned feel like they are in control and that everything is there idea. Or, simple con artists, just create an opportunity the attack....course the this more being robbed but if the victim falls for it initially, it is there fault for putting themselves in the situation.
....
....
you may be asking how I know so much about con artistry....well, just leave it as to one of those things I happen to know and be done with it.
....
....
Saturday, I switched shifts, with a guy at work friday night, so that I could 1. work with Aussie and 2. actually attend a party Becky was throwing for me. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to show up til after 1am. So, after work I ran a few errands then went to dinner with my mom at the Brazen Head, I love this place, they make the best snakebite. Came home, promised to update my blog, passed out, then Aussie showed up them one by one they started to show up. It was a good party. Nothing out of the ordinary. Accept for the comment that is in the beginning of the post. And the rest of the week so far has gone on as normal.

Korea Update,
Well, I don't have a flight plan yet cause I still have secured my work visa. The immigration office in Korea is still processing my papers and until I get my visa it no travel. So, I may be hear for a few more days than planned but that is completely uncertain. The down side is I'm going to Chicago today to pick up my work visa at the Korean embassy but if it isn't ready when I'm there....it will have to be mailed to me cause I can't stay in Chicago past Friday evening. My ride has to work at 4 on saturday and Chicago is an 8hr trip. So latest we can leave is 7am saturday, but that is not accounting for anything other than time. Worst case, I fly out and pick up my work visa in Korea, I think.

So I'm not packed yet, I know what I am packing though. I need to make a list of inventory that way if I want something I just call up Becky and she mails it to me. I got a few Korean to English, English to Korean books so that I can brush up on it. Even an audio CD.

Also, I skipped my last day of work so that I could do some more arranging and packing....and write this.

And, my farewell party is this Saturday, and final game night on Sunday. Hopefully a big turn out for both.

And after I have reached Korea I can officially say I am a world traveler. Here is a list of the places I have been to:
First the states:
Nebraska
Iowa
Florida
New York
Michigan
Arizona
New Mexico
Wyoming
Kentucky
Mississippi
Missouri
Kansas
The Great Lakes
South Dakota
Georgia
Arkansas
and Alabama
Most of these were cause I was passing through on family vacations.
I am also a bit of globe trotter.
Canada
Italy
And pretty soon I can Illinois and South Korea and where ever my connecting flights are at.

And finally, I chopped my hair. It is a little different that what I normally get but I think I like it. It is a little crew cuttish for my taste but good overall. Also, the thing I don't like to much about it. I have never liked my profile. I hate it even....to much double chin. And the hair cut shows it off even more. And on the topic of weight. You know when walk around every day and you have this image of yourself in your head then you look in the mirror and realize "Oh, that is what I look like" well I encounter that all the time. I feel a lot smaller than I am. Thinner, more muscular, but I'm not. I'm like a red-headed Joe....especially with this hair cut....it is Joe's haircut....oh, well. It will grow out.

"Edit" and one more thing, why I missed the wedding. I had no pants....yeah. I was house sitting and I forgot how long the washer and dryer take at this house. The dryer was on the first load of 2 and my pants were the second load and it was already 11:30ish, the wedding was and noon. I even tried on some of the man of the house's (Kat ;P ) pants but to no avail. So the laundry was done at about 2ish and becky calls me to find out if I'm coming well I was currently on the phone with my mother who wanted to see her sick sister and needed the car.....I didn't tell her about the wedding cause I knew she was distress already with the sick sister, poor cousins, my younger brother and me going to Korea.....why add to it.....so I let her have the car and I missed the wedding.....I did see pics and Jennie look gorgeous. I didn't see any of the rest of the wedding guests until at Mic's but I did get see Becky's fabulous hair.

And I'm entering a contest that deals with posting web links on Blogs. So here is my offical post.
What I want to win. Pendant: Grey_Mother_of_Pearl Cards: Nature_Series and a Snake_Chain to go with them
http://blendcreations.com/jewelry/index.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, stop being so lazy and find something to occupy your time. jeez...