You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Quick report

Well, I'm writing this now cause I might not get another chance soon. I am at the school and they are all very glad to meet me; however, they asked me to teach another class an hour earlier of the parents. And they did promise me more money if I do. They also asked if I would be able to teach another class another hour earlier than that one. Again more money if I do. That class would be of higher level of kids.

I will be teaching kids of about 6-8yrs old. They have a very small understanding of English, but I am given MANY books that they will be learning from. I will teach the kids in terms of 2 months each time. Then a new batch of kids. My first week here is not really work. I come to class that my partner is teaching and watch and listen to her for this week. Then I start my term next week.

I have meet many of the staff and they all are very exicted I am here. They keep saying they were waiting for me for a long time. I also made a decent friend at the head office in Icheon today. For the first time here I didn't feel so alone cause she spoke VERY good english. I might see her this weekend along with an american friend of hers who I will hopefully hit it off with. There is also a University nearby that they tell me has a lot of Americans. And an american military base nearby.

One bad thing though is that I we are having terrible time finding an apartment. Apparently most of the housing units were taken up by the other University. One that I looked at was nice but had no frige or washer which both I was promised. We are currently waiting to get a call from some one about a place with frige but if we don't find one I don't know what to do. I agreed on the notion that the apartment was semi-furnished and although they did a nice thing in waiting for me to pick a place I may not get what I was promised. I don't know I am going to survive without the stuff they promised intionally unless I go to bare basics like washing all my clothes in the sink and getting only dried foods. The job is great and they are making me feel like I am the only capable for this job. I think they would like me here indefinatly. They tried so hard to find someone. They say they have been waiting for 6 months to teach english. And this is a public school that doesn't get this sort of education where the private schools do and of course they charge a lot. It is just a situation but I really almost called it quits when I saw the best apartment offered so far. Then they took me back to the school and the kids warmed my heart again. I would be such an ass to do this to so many kids but I agreed to a contract that is not being met (as of yet). The apartment sounds nice (even comes with a tv apparently).

It is raining btw. Apparently it is the rainy season. I like the rain. Also had some food finally. It is really kinda cheap though fried. I'm gonna try to find an internet cafe tonight so I can talk again. Also, need to get to the store; regardless, where I end up....I need some TP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. No Playstation make TJ ANGRY!!! (Like Homer without TV and beer, lol.)

-Ben

AliKat said...

I am sure the apartment issue will resolve itself. You'll find something that will be perfect. Everything else has worked out so far so I am sure this too will turn out just fine.