You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Fortress of Solitude

So Monday evening I packed up and moved into KC's for a week. I found Dr. B and the Lion of Iowa playing and unbelievable awesome puzzle game. Evidence: The Last Ritual. It is a sequel of Missing: Since January. It is a detective type game. The Phoenix, a serial killer, is back. You are a part of small group of ordinary people given a CD-ROM by an agency to help solve the case and catch The Phoenix. What is great is that you play YOU. You are faced with puzzles and you are suppose to go onto the Internet of either lead you to the right answer or find it. You get emails from the other players (in-game players) giving you hints to the puzzles or just down right answers when they solve it. The puzzles are numerous but are like MIST's puzzles...only these are extremely hard. This game got great reviews except that all of them say that this game is amazing frustrating because these puzzles are very hard. Mostly these puzzles test you history/religion knowledge. I'm not talking about the standard stuff. I got over there at about 6pm, with my help and New York's (who showed up at like 11pm) we got through to the 4th or 5th level (out of 8) by like 3am. Remember who is involved here and what our areas of expertise are, though: Myself, facets of the mind, psychology (with a dash of criminology), and years of years of puzzles; Dr. B, a real doctor of bio-chem; Lion of Iowa, our very own history almanac; and New York, theater and art extraordinaire. All four of us combined, it took 9 hours and three computers to get to level 5. And that is not counting how much time Dr. B and the Lion of Iowa spent before I got there, but they were on level 2 I think or just finishing level 1.

Well, in the mitts of this splendid game, I was chatting away with a woman I have been speaking to for a little while. We hit it off from the start and were getting along famously...until she horribly and quite expertly dump my ass. I was pretty broken up inside and so what do you generally do is said situation, drink. So I took it upon myself to give myself a self induced sick day the next day. I spent most of Tuesday sulking and being a shit and doing shit....and it felt good, real good. i figured it would take me a day or so to bounce back and I was wrong. It took less :). So, I had a good/bad night, hooked up, lost 150 bucks, dumped, drunk, sick, depressed, and bounced back in less than 48hrs. A new record.

All in all, a great start to my house/animal sitting week.

No comments: