You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Traveling Trophy

So, My old boss is now gone (going away party last night). My new boss is freakin' out cause of all the work the old boss left behind. There was a pot luck today, of which I contributed to. And, its okay to say this now, since it has been released to the news; I'm getting canned... ... ...in like 2 years.

There is this new system that everyone is excited will be implemented. It will place all the separate databases of donors around the world, into one system. It will also eliminate a lot of what I have been trained on recently. Basically, I am being let go because of damn computers. But this will take LOADS of time, they say 2 years for us... ... ...course they have been saying 2 years 2 years ago. So. They told us this is this nationwide communication. Apparently people, other than me, have known about this and have been jumping ship. Well, they said that if we stay to the end, being when they eliminate our positions, they will give use severance and a retention bonus (basically, severance and a lump sum of money for staying to the end). I'm not complaining though, I wasn't gonna be here forever. Besides, 3 years of this place will look killer on my resume.

So yeah, a pot luck. My mom made this recipe a while back at a funeral, oddly enough the recipe belonged to the person who died. Anyway, I really liked it and never had an excuse to make it til now. I am a great cook, this I know, but that doesn't stop me from being nervous that hundreds of people will be sampling my recipe and placing their judgement upon. Meanwhile, I just pray i don't kill anyone. I kept thinking, "Its to salty, its to salty. I should have used a meat with a less sodium content." But I got this really good reception on it. Although, then that just leads me to believe that their lying. Everyone who told me it was really good, knew the whole back story (cause I couldn't keep my mouth shut) and probably didn't want to offend me knowing it was a family recipe. That's what I have come to expect from my co-workers. No one says what they mean. Anyway, I did it, it was fun...oh the recipe. My family calls it 'hot sauce'. It can be hot but for this crowd I toned it down cause I expect most of these people wouldn't want spicy food at mid-day...or ever. Basically, it is a meat and vegi sauteed, soaked in diced tomatoes and banana peppers (with all the juices from all portions), served with buttered Italian bread and parmesan cheese to sprinkle, if you desire. Takes a while to make but well worth it. I don't mind if I serve a few people but when we get to over 30 people (whose job it is, is to be professional costumer service representatives...gawd, I could just feel the fake smiles and compliments...maybe; family won't beat around the bush, but at work....well, feelings first....respect your co-workers. Yeah, you get it.

And my bosses party. Was alright. I have never been to the Upstream before. Bummer was that I had to cook that food and there was no way I was gonna get around a knife while being that drunk. So I crashed at 10:30 and "rested", not slept cause I was so worried I would over sleep and no t have time to make it. Well, I got up at 3 and had a stress induced adrenaline rush for most of the day, til I started to fall asleep at my desk, after the pot luck, well round one anyway. There is a second round for the night crew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay - you're elected to make this for the Turkey Day party. That sounds really good.