You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Friday, June 22, 2007

I feel oogy

I went and saw DOA yesterday. UUUUHHHH, okay it was entertaining, purely in a bad Mortal Kombat way. Best part of it was the the guy who played Lukang in Mortal Kombat (the main character, I'm not sure his name is spelled that way) is a Chinese pirate that gets his ass handed to him by Jamie Presley (playing Tina).

DOA is a video game that is made famous by the fact the girls fighters in the game have anti-grav boobs. Every movement the girls make makes there boobs bounce. It is also made famous by taking the concept and making a DOA: Volleyball edition; of course, made simple to see the girl fighters in bikinis and jump around.

Hookie, very hookie. The film is filled pantie shots and gratuitous fight scenes. They didn't even bother to change the characters costumes or their personalities. Best acting was done by Jamie Presley (not a big shock, she is very good even though she is type-cast), the actor to play her dad.

I felt better after watching Severance though. A British film about a company "teamwork" camping trip, that happens to have very recent rash of murders in the area. It turns out that the people dieing are working with the same company (which we all know). Don't worry, no spoilers. This a funny ride, through a horror movie. Mostly all European actors except for Laura Harris. This actress is slowly becoming one of my favorite blonds. Her biggest roles (as I know them) is the new girl in Faculty and as the dead movie star in the Showtime show Dead Like Me. I liked this one. Even though some of the film techniques seem to be stolen from 28 days later.

New movies this weekend
1408 - I'm looking forward to this. Although, imho, the mystery has been taken out of it by all the trailers, it seems like it will still be very good.

Evan Almighty - Maybe. I like Steve Carell, so maybe.

And the one that is not being released near me that hasn't had enough plugging is You Kill Me - Ben Kingsley is a drying out sort-of retired hitman (who can only kill people when he is drunk) and Tea Leoni who is...well, herself sort-of. Basically she is always the whining annoying women in just about everything I've seen her in and from what I seen and read...she hasn't stretched that talent one ounce for this film. You know, now that I write semi-review for this...I think I'm glad it is not being released here.

2 comments:

johnny said...

They should give you a special code to enter into a console by the seat before the movies starts that lets you see the DOA girls topless and fighting, or playing volleyball. either one really. I could never figure out if that was a closely guarded real code for that game or a just a hoax.

johnny said...

Another thing...Mortal Kombat I think has the distinction of being one of the only movies where the soundtrack was better and more enjoyable than the actual movie. The MK theme song is awesomeness in music form.