You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Aura bugs, don't fail me now...

Well, I think the rest of my stay here in Korea is going to suck balls; at least the days I work.

I decided to leave Korea some time ago. Everything is set in stone now, so there is no turning back. I am coming home by the middle of next week. I didn't tell many people (only the ones who would be involved in my return really) mainly because I didn't want to answer questions over and over again, and I didn't want words of encouragment to stay. This isn't the place for me, is all. It has nothing to do with the kids, my place, the company (though I have a feeling that I would left due to the company later), the school, the people, or the culture. It has to do with a lot of things but they are more feelings. Anyway, so when I told my boss that I was leaving he begged me not to tell anyone at the school or even my own partner. So I didn't. He even asked to wait til they found an replacment, I said no. I told him that I would finish out the term cause I don't want to leave the kids without a teacher being so far into their lessons. But after that I am gone, for I feel no more regret beyond that. Well, lots of emails and words were exchanged, nothing harsh. Long story short, they have a replacement, who will be here late by a few days. So I do feel better knowing that the kids will have a teacher for next term. Well, today, with only 6 days of teaching left, I find out that the school now knows aboutme leaving and they are very "frustrated" with me. I can understand why. Lots of effort was put into me being here and stuff. But again, I rarely feel guilt anymore, so I don't really care how much they hate me. I just know that until now, I had many hello's and hand shakes and smiles, and now it is going to be different. I feel bad for leaving, but not bad about leaving. I am coming home and that is enough said. I just know that these next few days will be hard, rep wise. Mainly cause these next days I will be eating lunch in the teacher's lounge again, with all of the faculty. Today will especially hard, since they just found out today. There will be many questions, and wonder why I am leaving. I won't be able to eat much due to all of it. Or acturately get my point across. Lots of uncomfortable silence, which normally doesn't bother me much, but now it is because of me. Anyway, I won't let it get in the way of teaching or me having a good time while I am still here. Just the school will be uncomforable.

Oh, and about 3 weeks ago, my partner asked me if I was leaving (I had suspected that Mr. Park had told her already, even though he still, everyday, asked me not to tell anyone), there was no way I could lie to her face. She had asked me straightout and I told her striaghtout. She has done so much for me here that felt wrong to to keep the lie up. Besides, I need some help getting home and she is my only friend here. Anyway, she has been helping still, and understands why I am leaving, completely. Since she sees me everyday, she notices that this isn't the place for me and that I should go home for the sake of me.

Well, I meant to go to the bus stop to find out what time I could take the bus to get to the airport . A Korean man stop me to ask about English and we walked and talk for awhile. We were both going to the bus stop and I kinda let it pour out about me leaving and all and he helped me find the right bus and the right time. So I was that was frelling cool, mainly cause of this: I had planned on doing that all day, but I was lazy and didn't leave until like 7 at night. Well, I decide to stop atthe PC room, cause it was on the way, to check my email. Well, I did, which is when I get to do my therapy session. So the email was long, I wrote a long one back; all the while thinking I really need to get to the bus stop to do this today. So I leave the PC room around 8:30. Well, the man who stopped me was right in front of me when we were walking. How lucky am I to have run into him at that very moment, when thoughts running through my head are 'how am I going to find this out, it is all in Korean?'

So that was pretty lucky. Well, yesterday, Movie Day. Were watching 3 movies and 2 I have never seen. Well, partner asks me which ones do you want to see, btw the 2 I haven't seen neither has she, so we both want to see the same ones. Well, we agreed that I would watch Hoodwinked (very funny btw) and one showing of A Nighmare before Christmas. She would watch the other showing of ANbC and Ice Age 2. Well, ANbC didn't work so I when it was my turn to watch it we just watched Ice Age2. I got to see both movies that I wanted to. She saw Ice Age 2 and the Incredibles. Cool, cool. Well, the finally straw that I am the luckiest SOB on the planet.

I have to leave at 3:10 in the morning to catch the bus at 4:20 to be at the airport by 7-8am to catch a flight at 10am. Well, all that is managable. The biggest difficulty I had was lugguge. I had to walk all this luggage to the bus (about half a mile). I wasn't looking forward to that, but it is also why I was leaving at 3:10. I figure I was going to need some time for resting. Well, after Movie Day, after cleaning the rooms, and after we finished all thedays work; my partner asks if she can drive me to the bus stop when I have to leave. She is aware how early it is and she has a work so I say no. But she won't give up. She know that that is the last time she will see me, and she wants to do this for me cause she knows I have a few heavy peices of luggage. In truth, I had to hold back a few tears. Never did I expect that. I had wanted to ask but it was to early and she doesso much already. I was in the mind set of doing this my way and then here she is. She really likes me and wants to send me off. So now, although it hasn't changed my mind, I have one reason to stay. A good friend in Korea.

Now many may be thinking, "dude, she likes you, hook up wit dat shizit", or something to that effect. Well, she has a boyfriend, although that hasn't stop me in the past, she is also getting married in December. She told me she is very sad to see me go, and she wanted to invite me to the wedding. Of, course I would be happy to go but that is nearly $1500 to get back here for that.

Anyway, I hope these last days go well. Unlike my when I came here I am nearly fully packed with just a few essentials for the next few days that get packed as the day for my flight gets closer and closer.

Also, the people I told that I was coming home can't seem to make my flight to pick me up. This is sort of why I am telling everyone now. I need a ride. Not desperatly or nuthin. I can take a cab. Just be nicer if a friend picks me up is all. I'll be home at about 4:30pm on Sept. 6th (thats a Wed.). I'll give more info through email if someone can do it. Also, I think this will be my last post for a while. If something happens I'll just add it to the bottom of this one. That way all you slackers that don't read blogs often will know I am home. I am certain parties will be had by all, so just keep an ear out.

Also, one added bonus, for the person or people that pick me up, ...
...lunch is on me :)

6 comments:

david golbitz said...

Sorry things didn't work out over there, but hey, you've had an experience, for better or worse, that a lot of us will never have.

See you next week, I guess, right?

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY YIPPEEE YAY YAY YAY
~k

Angelkris said...

I get off work at 5:30. I can come get you then if you don't mind waiting. Let me know.

AliKat said...

Sorry things didn't work out, but I am glad you are coming home. I work from 9-5 on the 6th, but I am close to the airport (24th and Vinton) and I may be able to convince the closing manager to come in a little early. Send me an email and we can work out the details.

Angelkris said...

Yeah- Go with AliKat's offer cuz things have changed and I won't be able to anymore. Well, not unless you want to wait around until like 7:00pm.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Mister Kotter.

-Ben