You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

For an update, skip a few paragraphs. I talk a lot about the books I have been reading in the first part of the blog...

Well, I planned to go to Seoul this weekend, but plans change. After school Friday, I planned to clean house, laundry, dishes, etc. But like I have been doing since the overtime, I passed out. So I had to get that stuff done on Saturday. So I did. Except for the cleaning the bathroom and laundry. Instead, I accidently picked up the the last book of the series I have been reading and finished it. Didn't realize what time it was til I was done. So I tried to at least get there today. No dice. I forgot that I should wash my bed and I need to be home for that because it takes a while dry even with the heater on. So I decided to get out of the house and justt fart around on the net for a few hours. I took a walk, long walk. Got some money out; picked up a Snickers. Blah, Blah, Blah. Nothing special but at least I am out of the house. And finished with that series, til R. A. Salvatore decides to write more. I might continue to read, though probably not.

R. A. Salvatore. When I started this series, I simply enjoyed the story. The characters were okay, sort of typical of a D&D adventurung party, which usually consists of a very odd collection of adventures that normally wouldn't hang together due to racism. Not a bad form of racism (well, not all bad) just people in this fantasy world genreally hang with there own kind. Anyway, the next installment was interesting because I brought a world to me that I hadn't known. The Underdark. The third installment was more annoying than anything else; however, there was a shinning moment. A moment where I witnessed R. A. Salvatore's writing ability grow. When he killed off a main character. Now, he did it in a half-assed, kinda B-movie kinda way. The character was getting real annoying and just being an ass. So, in the movies what do you do? You kill them off. That way, althought they were being an ass, you now feel pity and sorrow for them and there friends and family that have to deal with the loss. Basically, it wasn't very original; but it showed growth in his writing style. He didn't grow again until halfway through the fourth installment of books, when the book centered around a different character and his difficulties in regaining his mental state after being tortured for 6 years. That was a good book. Inner turmoil and all; facing your demons so to speak. Well, this lastest installment...there is a quote from some magazine or publishing company on the inside cover saying how comparable this lastest triology is just as good as Lord of the Rings. And I would have to agree on a small level. The story is indeed epic in size and turmoil. Ups, downs, and plenty of tension breakers made from Dwarven quips (these really are hilarious). However, again, each of the main characters comes to the brink of death but is brought back again. Now, of course a lot of sub-characters die, or are physically deformed, but not a one of the main characters. The only trauma that any of the characters have ever really faced has been emotional. I believe, that by doing this, this writer is implying towards the struggle of living everyday with everyday crap. Well, that is all and good, but after 17 books, sometimes your friends die. I also think that this writer is afraid to truly kill off one the characters for fear that his fans will revolt, and he will have to change jobs cause no one will buy his boring books. As I stated before, the latest series is indeed his greatest work, but I believe he will never get better than this unless he grows as a writer and learns that even shit happens in fiction.

Well, now that I am done with this series, I can move on to finishing Return of the King. Then a book I have been dying to read for a long time. The Once and Future King.

Update on goings on...
Well, overtime is over. Techanically Monday is the last day but since we don't have class and are having a movie day instead I don't count it. We have two times to watch movies: at 1pm it is still a toss up between Hoodwinked and A Nightmare before Christmas, we have to tally the votes; the second is at 3:10pm, and though the kids had a choice between A Nightmare before Christmas and Ice Age 2, I am pretty certain that A Nightmare before Christmas wins out. The kids won't attend both of course, which is why we have the double feature. We actually had a bigger list and a sign-up sheet but someone scibbled over the whole thing so...we knew that a lot wanted to see ANbC, but the others 2 had a sizable vote as well. The reason the kids have been choosing ANbC a lot is cause they only see the poster and thing it is a scary movie, no matter how much we tell them it isn't. Oh, well. Movie day for me, and only like 2 classes. I am happy either way. Then Tuesday is the first day back from Summer vacation and class schedule goes back to normal. So all those that I use to talk to via gmail chat. I am available again, cause MY COMPUTER IS FIXED. YAY.

Well, that is all I got.

l8r

1 comment:

Angelkris said...

Must not have the same rules over there. You couldn't get away with showing ANBC here.