You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Angry post

Okay, so I got really sick. So sick I had to cancel classes, well, I would have canceled classes but my partner insisted on "taking care of it" meaning she taught all 13 classes at the same time. I told her to cancel them but she would hear nothing of it. Well, after 2 days of rest (15th we had off) I feel loads better, well, I did. Now I have big headache, which will go away as soon as I get some food in me...at home. :EDIT: I would like to apologize in advance, this keyboard sucks ass, I am trying to catch each spell error but it is difficult; to give you a heads up, the "A" button doesn't work all the time. :EDIT END:

So I got up today feeling it was going to be a good day. And indeed it was. I checked my email before class (after running to the PC room); called my mom; and made it to class on time, though a little later than usual. It scared my partner, I usually show up around 8:30, well, it was 8:45. I get to class and she says how happy she is to see me. She went to my apartment to get me but there was no anwser, so she figured I was still sick and was going to teach all the class again. I can't believe this woman. She is pretty much my only friend cause she speaks English. She is the only one I have contact, everyone else either ridicules or ignores me, which I don't mind cause I don't know what they are saying or what to say to them...cause no one speaks English...well, it is deeper than that. It has to do with their culture to be honest. But I don't want to get into that. When I want it to sound like observation, it will come across as some American sounding full of themselves and can't believe how the world hasn't adopted our style or culture when all I hear is how they revear it. I don't want it to sound like that cause I don't feel that way. These people have more culture and history then most do around the world. Their culture had to shift and adapt, as did everyones culture, in order to survive the times.

But jeez, it is really starting to drive me nuts that I don't have a native english speaker to bullshit with, to go out and have a beer with, something to just vent for a few hours, to get everything off my chest and out there, then be calm enough just soak in the experience.

I have had to revert to the TJ we all knew way back in High School in order for my psyche to survive and I hate it. I put those years behind me, and now I am experiencing them all over again. Things would be better if i just could talk to someone for awhile. Sure, I could call one of you back in the states but it would cost me a decent amount, that and it is like 3am there right now as I write this but it is almost 6pm here. The only times I could call are erly morning here before class (when I am not upset, I am pretty calm in the morning) Or really late at night when I should be in bed so I can get up for class the next day. Then, of course, there is putting one (or some) of you out for a few hours where you will need to go for a few beers to unwind after I let loose.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweety,
Just call Chuck - lord knows he's hardly ever in bed before 3am (call collect if you want) and he's usually already got the beer too.
Hang in there baby - glad you are feeling better.
kisses-k

Anonymous said...

pooh. things will be better soon.

AliKat said...

Well my sleep pattern is all messed up anyway, so feel free to call me anytime you want to vent. I would be happy to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you feel you so frustrated. I wish that we could talk. I'm on vacation all of this week so I'm able to talk during your morning, though I know you said you're not upset then. I would love to chat at least on gmail. It's Rose writing this by the way.

Anonymous said...

Next time they mock you, say "Protoss", and I bet their eyes light up. ("He said the magic word. Oooooo.") =P

-Ben

Angelkris said...

Maybe you could try searching for a few fellow Americans living in Korea through My Space or soemthing. True- you probably won't be able to meet up with them (what are the chances another American would be living close enough) but at least you could chat with somebody whose going through the same thing you are. If not an American- maybe at you could find a Brit or Canadian that speaks English. It might be worth a shot.