You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Vaction :End:

Well, 3 games down and working on the fourth (and third games...Hard Time Attack mode in Shadow of the Colossus), and about 100 pages into the 2nd book. After this book, I have one more left in the series and I can finally end the saga of Drizzit. I will, probably, never pick up another book about. I can then start so many other books. To have a clue as what I have been through for this series, let me put some detail on it for you. The series starts with the Icewind Dale Triology, then continues on to the Dark Elf Triology, next is the Legacy of the Drow Quartet, following the Paths of Darkness Quartet, and finally the Hunter's Blade Triology. 17 books. Now, I'm for a good story, and this story time line takes about 50-60 years. But I mean, c'mon. A hero that lasts 17 books.

Around the time of first book in the Legacy of the Drow series, is when I heard (from an unnamed source) about this ideal of how this charater is unbeatable. Never had this occured to me until I heard that and then I began to think on it...he's right. Drizzt never dies, never fails, well, he fails but manages to get out of it...always. So, after hearing that I was reluctant to finish the series, in fact, it took me forever to go back to them, to will myself to finish. So, why not stop? I had already bought and tracked down the entire series by this point.

A good question is how did it start...well, that is a very long story involving and Ex of mine. Nothing bad or nothin' just long...some other time maybe. The short is she read it and got me hooked.

Well, anyway I finished the "1000 Orcs" and am on to the "Lone Drow". After that is "The Two Blades" and then finish...maybe. I might just start the War of the Spider Queen after that...6 books.

I finished Suikoden V...twice, Shadow of the Colossus hard mode (only 6 into the hard time attack mode currently), and finally got 100% completion on Shadow of Destiny. Shadow of Destiny is about going through time to prevent your own death. Shadow of the Colossus is about a boy, a horse, a sword, and a land full of moving mountains that need killin'. And well, I already explained Suikoden V in a previous post. I am working on 100% completion of FFX-2. it will take awhile since I have 99% when I started a new game. And now i have to go back through to find that elusive 1% (or less) to get the "perfect"ending. though in my opinion the 99% ending was pretty good already. After that is Res Evil Outbreak then Outbreak: File #2. This...will take a long while.

That was my vacation. I planned to make it to Seoul, but...it really is a lot of effort just walk around for an few hours. I was told to see Monster House but was unsure that it would be here. Well, I ran into one of the kids that I teach (the one who speaks the best English) and he asked what I was going to do in Seoul. I said maybe a movie, and he asked what movie. I didn't know, and he said Monster House was really good. Well, that confirmed it. Next weekend though. I wouldn't be able to see it til then...maybe. The absolute earliest I could get to Seoul would be 5:30pm and it would take another half hour to get to the movie theater. After that is getting a ticket that isn't sold out. Then getting back to the bus station before 10:30. In America this would be completely possible, but I sure hell ain't there. Who knows, maybe I really have a bad day or something.

Well, tomorrow I start teaching 7 classes instead of the 5. Overtime sure, but still. That is a lot of kids that don't speak English, yelling and screaming (though in truth I am making progress with that).

At least I have clean clothes now. :) :) :) :)
no idea how happy that makes me....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the 100% completion ending in ffx-2 is so worth it!

AliKat said...

Glad you had a good vacation and got laundry done finally. :) Good luck with the extra classes, hope they don't work you too hard.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that, by the way. And shut it, you know you love Drizzit. At least you're done, right?