You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Monday, September 04, 2006

When in Rome, get the hell out of Dodge

Well, let's see. I was suppose to do something today...hmmm. Oh yeah, I'm coming home.
That's right, today's the last day of work and the last in Korea.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go'

Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go

Not really, I can't wait to be home finally. Have a burger, and some tacos, a proper ice cream (one that doesn't melt in the freezer).
So letme give you an update as what has happened so far. Well, I did get off my ass and do the whole tourist thing both Sat. and Sun. Saturday, what did I do? Hmmm, oh yeah, just climbed ass to the top of a freakin' mountain. Yeah, you heard me. A Freakin' Mountain in Korea. Just call me 'T the Mighty, Conquerer of foreign earth'. Oh, and stick my own foot in my mouth right about now, at the top...was a vendor selling food and water...okay, so it isn't like some K-2 or something. It's a mountain that most people climb a for really good exerise, but that doesn't make it any less of a mountain. The climb was just a path at first, then a rock road, then those peices of wood inbedded into the earth to look like steps (lots of those, and a really steep angle). After that, there was a really good rest spot with a vendor, ...but beyond that was the real climb, all the way to the summit. Nothing, but smooth and very large boulders. Now some of you may say 'so what, just a couple of big rocks' ever trying climbing a smooth surfaced boulder that is larger than you? I said "Fuck It", it was the last time I would ever have this chance as far as I know, so I'm climbing that fucker. And I did, in sandels, shorts, sleeveless shirt, sunglasses, and travel bag, completely decked out in tourist fashion surrounded by elite rock climbers in mountianeering gear. And at the summit, was another vendor. When I got the top I found out there was like 8 different trails leading here, all of varying degree of difficultly. I didn't feel stupid though. I don't know this part of Korea, I have no map for this mountain, at times I didn't even know if I was on a trail cause I hadn't seen or heard anyone in a while. It was as close to a life threating adventure as I was probably going to get in the city. It also turns out, that I was really close to the DMZ when I was up top there. There is this line is electric towers that borders the DMZ, that can be seen from the top of this mountain. Oh, but to make myself feel a little to big for my briches. WhenIgot back down the path, at the beginning, there were like five people who passed me carrying their bikes up the mountain. I felt like a newbie, but a newbie that did it all by himself :).

Then I went to see My Super Ex-Girlfriend (Monster House was sold out), it was funnier than I expected. Then I saw Monster House the following day. I loved it. Anyway, see you all when I get home.

1 comment:

rainbowponi said...

hurray for adventure! i am glad you were able to enjoy your last few days.