You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Fizzget

So Saturday, I got up at 5am to met my partner at 6am to take a bus at 6:30am to Seoul then 2 subways, so that we could be at our meeting by 9am....we got there at about 8:30am. We have a very long day discussing, with other english teachers around Korea, our textbooks (which unbelieveably suck, people wonder why asian's english is so bad, just look at the textbooks). Apparently, there are these uber awesome books that are perfect but of course, will the company provide....maybe in about 3 months.

Well, I got home at about 5pm and then I had to meet my recruiter at 7pm in front of the school (cause I still don't know my address). He shows up at 8:30.....though it did take him 8hrs to get to me. We went around my town drinking and eating and watching the soccer game between England and Portugaul....We discuss everything and all my problems with the company. I couldn't believe he came to meet me first and now he is going to get on my bosses ass about all my problems, such as a bed.....by contract (unknown to me) the company is suppose to provide me with a bed....he was pissed when he found out I didn't have one (my recruiter). So I didn't get home til the wee hours of 3am. I had to get up at 7am so that he could show me around Seoul. We get to Seoul at about 11am. BTW, side note:::::my feet frelling hurt, all I did was walk today but I had to get to a PC room in order to tell everyone my day cause I start class in the morning so no more web surfing during the day....just thought you should know :).

Anyway, he takes me through the subway again, half my day was on the subway cause Seoul is frelling huge....3rd biggest city in the world. We hit a street vender market....venders for miles and foreigners everywhere, then we went to Burger King....yeah....not as good as home, they also have an Outback here. Then we went to the palace, the freakin palace. To our good fortune, which neither one of us knew was happening today, there is a huge ceremony at the palace....kinda like a massive changing of the guard....or re-enactment of some moment in history....we couldn't find out. Then we went to like the Mall of America of Korea and saw Superman. We also found a converter that would let me play my PS2....the thing weights like 25lbs and is almost twice the size of my PS2 (and I have the old model). We had McDonalds and something call Home Burger. Very, very, very long day........, but, if anyone wants to come to Seoul for vacation, I can now take you anywhere. I almost know the bus system completely also. And it is now midnight and I have so little sleep and have to teach tomorrow so adu(?).



Bonus: Who is the title of my post?
Bonus 2: Where is this from? "Show me potato salad.... ..... ...."

3 comments:

david golbitz said...

The potato salad quote is from Family Guy, I'm fairly certain, though I can't remember the context at all.

As for the title of the post, all I can think of is the little furball from The Dark Crystal, but he was named "Fizzgig," I think, so that wouldn't be it...

A Mall of America of Korea? That just sounds...tacky.

So how were the Korean subtitles during Superman? Were you able to follow the story?

Yay PS2 converter!

And "adieu" is spelled, well, like that.

AliKat said...

Hurray for PS2 converter and hurray for getting to see Superman!! I have to go again. It was too good.

Anonymous said...

dammit 1031, you said almost everything i was gonna say! except for the family guy answer, and the subtitle thing, but 3/5 of what i was gonna say. stop stealing my comments!