You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Land of the Morning Calm

That is what they call Korea. It probably is true but not near me. My building (though a sweet apartment by Korean standards) is surrounded on 3 sides by construction, but the 4th side is calm in the morning....and only morning. The 4th side is a rice pattie field and is filled with frogs at night. Monsoon season must be mating season for frogs because they can not stop crooking. Anyway, I am getting use to the situation though. I like this go in at 11am and being only 5mins walking distance from my office. I'm working on the phone and pictures. Going through a Korean texted computer is rather hard. The phone through the computer idea would work were I able to figure out the mic jack/and system (I am of the impression that this computer doesn't support mics though). Which means, I'll have to use a PC room, they have to have headphone jacks with the constant gaming going on. Which is fine but more money. The camera works but no memory card port so I have to download them to the computer, like I said, not easy with a Korean computer when you can't even read the word download. If there is a way to change every font to english I would love the advice to do so....

I got my address, now I just need to translate it for everyone. Should be done very soon. I'm going to attempt another trip to Seoul for Pirates and a nice day at the mall....And some great news.

Okay, every week on Tuesday we don't teach the first class, why I don't know, but this week is a 3-day weekend for us which means I don't teach first class til Wendesday. These are worst of the bunch and I end up with headache for the whole day.

That's all I got. The classes sre going good, the kids are really smart and pick it up fast despite my not being able to speak Korean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's your frankenputer? Is it still in the States?

If the Korean 'puters use WinXP, take the camera, plug it in, and a wizard will show up. (Not Gandalf, but one of those window screens.) Then just click next a few times and a bunch of boxes showing all the pictures in the camera will appear. Make sure all the pictures you want are checkmarked, click next (or whatever), and they should be on the Korean pc (if they work anything like ours). Whether they'll be happy about you placing pics on their pc's is another story. But the pics show up in the My Documents, My Pictures folder by default. (Possibly within a new folder made during the wizard.)

-ben

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot. Camera needs to be on and in playback mode.

david golbitz said...

Those were some sweet pictures you sent. I especially liked the palace ones. Very cool.

As for switching the text from Korean to English...is there someone there you could ask to do it for you? There's gotta be a way to do it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pix TJ. It was so strange to see the palace and the gaurds (?) all dressed up like the old and then in the background so much modernization, tall buildings and billboards.
Trade you weekends - I wouldn't mind having 3 days off.
Kisses-k