You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Monday, July 17, 2006

A Proud FSM :revised:

This is going to be long....

Okay, nothing much happened but what did was awesome.

I did see Pirates and will get to it in a minute, first everything else.

Miyazaki (maker of Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle) has a new film coming out. Tales of Earthsea and it looks spectacular.

I went to the Mall again to see Pirates and again it was sold out til about 7:50 but something happened in my brain. I couldn't believe this was happening again like this and then I thought of something. Koreans have a horrible sense of time and are aware of it, which is why movies are sold out so late. They want to make sure they can do everything before commiting 2 1/2 hours of sitting. But I still couldn't believe it was sold out again and it wasn't even 3pm. Then I saw something. The way to tell if a movie is sold out is by looking at the moniters and watching for times of the film. Well, green and oranage was all that was there. Then I saw another color...red. Now, I came to this theater before with my agent to see Superman Returns and it was opening weekend and we got the last 2 seats of one showing. But how I wondered. How was he able to tell how many seats were left....he has been in Korea for over 4years he can read Korean and speak it...sort of...thats how. But this is a foreigner friendly Mall and theater so how was I suppose to be able to find out. I could ask, yes, but in order to ask someone I would have to wait in line for 30mins. Then, throught all my disbelief that this was happening again, I saw it. Red means sold out, Oranage means "nearly sold out", and Green means still plently left. Then numbers showed. 1 seat left, 1 seat left, sold out, 4 seats left, ..... I gave up to easily last time. This time I was going to see it, and I did...at 5:20 with 1 seat left...front frelling row (2 things: first, front row is like 50 feet from the screen so front row is nowhere near as close as in America, and b. you have seat assignments which is why there was only 1 seat left...rarely do any Koreans travel alone). So in short I saw the movie. But we will get back to that.

What else I did, I went to UNO again for lunch and tried there cream of broccoli soup (eh) and a chicken faita pizza....really spicy and hot...but good. Then I stopped by a music store to pick up a CD, what, I had no idea, I but I needed something. Yeah, I bought like 4 of them; Evanescence, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, and Avenged 7 Fold. Then I noticed they had a DVD section and V for Vendetta was out so I bought that as well. BTW, when I got home, I wanted to watch V so I put it in....won't read due to different country source code...I forgot about that. I could return it or wait for PS3. Returning it would cost me 8 bucks just to get to the store and back; and DVD was only 14. I think I'll hold on to it. The PS3 is suppose to be able to ignore such restrictions...600 dollar one that is.

Also, this Mall has games in the floor, like soccer games where you have to step on the screen to hit the ball....just randomly about the floors of the mall are these screens.

And now on to my review of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

:Edit: Okay, I will give this review. Since I have a lot of paperwork to do I was adding to this throughout the day but it is now at the end of my work day and let's just say.....it was shitty. So, I am not currently in the mood. I'm fucking pissed and just want to go home. So, I will give a full review when I calm down, probably by tomorrow.

:Edit: Well, apparently people miss interpreted what I said just above. I never said the movie was shitty, I said work was shitty. I was impling that since I was in a foul mood I didn't want to comment on the film. Throughout the day I add to this blog during my class breaks and the only time I had left was at the end of the day and yesterday was particularly shitty day.

Anyway, so I have beenreading a lot of comments and posts about this film and how it wasn't better than the first; well, I would have to disagree. A sequal is suppose to up the scale of action, drama, and story and this film did all three. I do believe this film to be better than the first.
Some people say that it was hard to follow some of the plot; well, yes I could agree there for people that aren't well versed in pirate lore, which is not me. I know the story of Davy Jones. Now, does that make me special, you're damn right it does :). I got to enjoy this film on a slightly different level through their interpretation of the legend.
Also, to me, this film cleared a lot of plot holes in the first film. For instance, when Barbosa shot the crew mate to find out if the curse had been lifted the first time they tried, the crewman was okay after the curse was lifted. But when Jack shot Barbosa, the curse was still in effect then lifted after the killing shot so in theory it shouldn't have worked.
BTW, the end of the film, was frelling kick ass; especially with the apple, THAT FRELLING RULED.
Then we have the parts of the film between action scenes. People have commented that these drag on. Well, again, yes they could for one not versed in pirate lore. These were very important scenes in my opinion. Like the scene after when Lizzy sweet talked Jack a little. Well, it is important to to see that she is suppose to be much younger than she is; both her and Will are. She is probably, at most, about 16/17, for that is around the age (actually a little older than) that she would be promised to Norrington and in love with the rough and dirty blacksmith apperntice. So it is very important that we see her abilities in sweet talk but also important to see that she has not conquered control over such an ability, being why she kinda fancied Jack. Yeah, yeah, yeah, love trianlge bullshit but it happened and it happens in order to bring the story along. So now, of course, the predictable thing will occur of one of 2 things: either Will will be the down fall of Jack and the others or just a small jealous outburst in an in-opportune moment.
Admittly, there were many parts of the film that were "childish" in nature, but that is how pirates are when they seek out there out personal goals, and that is what Norrington has become in order to survive.
And Jack verses the Kraken, ...epic
And one last note, was anyone else completely and utterly in love with the Carribean voodoo witch priestess....frel that half-mast shit, ....damn 8).
Also, I bettin' that Keira's dress the first part of the film (not the wedding dress) had a few wardrobe malfunctions during filming cause she isn't that big and there had to be a nipple pop out more than once during those scenes.
So, there is my review of one of the rare few times a sequal out does the first film. Two thumbs up (three for the voodoo preistess *wink, wink... ... ...damn that is good).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay that system is waaaayyyyy to complicated.
I'll have to tell Rob that you got the Evanexcence & Disturbed CD's. He'll be jealous that you got them over there and he still doesn't have them!
Well at least you got to the movies-even if it wasn't very good.
kisses-k

Anonymous said...

Meh, I kinda liked the movie. Don't get me wrong, the plot was utter crap, but I found it entertaining (humor & action).

-Ben

AliKat said...

I object. It was a fun movie, a little long, but still fun to watch. :P

AliKat said...

Okay, I can now remove my objection since I misinterpreted what you had said. I saw it again with my mom the other day, just as fun the second time around. Since you already gave it away and I think everyone has seen it now I don't mind spoiling something. When I watched it the second time I noticed that when they released the monkey you can see Barbosa, well his boots at least, laying on the table where the monkey runs off too. I can't wait to see how they explain his return.

david golbitz said...

That voodoo chickee you dig so much, she was Selena in 28 Days Later...

And I don't necessarily see an actual love triangle between Will, Elizabeth and Jack. I mean, Elizabeth was just smoochin' Jack so she could chain him up for the kraken to get, wasn't she? I don't think she actually has, you know, romantic feelings toward him.

Bourgeois Dave said...

bah, the movie was a turd. third one had better be an improvement.

AliKat said...

I say Ithiel is a turd. :P

rainbowponi said...

you know i read tj's blog and he has such a polished way of writing/ speaking about things. yes, there are curse words but not out of place, usually there only to emphasis a point. he comes off as such an intelligent individual through his word choice and expression. ....then i get to read his comments section and get to read the word turd, repeatedly. :)

Anonymous said...

oh my GOD the voodoo priestess was hot! i was at full mast without even having, um well, yeah. i don't know who else could look that fucking good with black shit all over her teeth. DAMN!! and no way that was selena. are sure?? i could look it up, but not gonna... she was hot in 28 days later too. again, DAMN!!

Anonymous said...

and frelling does not count as a cuss word.
the great and wonderful becky has spoken

AliKat said...

Hey I just repeated it for emphasis. :)