You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Update of ulimate power...

First, I would like to apologize. I have been extremely distant. I like it that way when I get depressed; although, I do appreciate company, if you have something else you need/want to do, then do it and don't waste my time. If you think you are helping by just hanging around, you're not. This message is not directed to anyone for this certain bout of depression. No one bothered me this time around (I thank you for that), and if you had the good fortune to call at a time I was home, I was more than willing to talk if you were interested in listening. And for all those that minded their own business but probably gave me well wishes in the privacy of there own mind, I thank you for that as well...even though that was kinda of lazy of you ;). I kid, I kid. To be honest, when I get depressed, I don't want pity, I don't want sorrys, I don't want people feeling bad for me. I am doing more than my own share of that. There are plenty of people in the world who are worse off than I. I can handle it, I'll deal, and I'll pull through. Physician heal thy self, right? Well, a few vacation days with work spliced in, few distractions, and hole to dig myself out of is all that was needed ( the metaphoric 'hole' is excessive eating of nasty foods for my body, i.e. milk products and apples).

Anyway, is my dad doing better? That is a difficult question. The reason his was admitted to the hospital has cleared up. But he is still an extremely long way from recovered, so far that he may not make it. It is his decision though. He has to want to get better.

Okay, well, I have 2 seasons left of M*A*S*H. I am going to miss watching it every night. I've laughed, I've cried, I've sat in amazement at what has been cut from today's broadcast compared to then. Nearly 25 min shows, where today's is closer to 20 mins and 10 mins of commercials. Anyway, there is still the finale and hours of DVD extras.

Stuff I've seen and played:

Games: Shadow of Rome
Eh, it runs on a similar engine as God of War. Caesar is killed. Your father is blamed and you're on the run. Not very enthralling.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - no, I don't have Wii. It is also on GameCube. Eh, at first it was like any other Zelda game. And then it got dark. It was real interesting for awhile. But the interesting has worn off and now it is a typical Zelda game again. More and/or different things to do. For instance; there are a lot more Japanese cultural signals than before. Also, a few side questing things like normal but not nearly as difficult and time consuming. They also really up-ed the fishing part. It is kinda like fly fishing now.

I just got God of War 2, I'm close to finishing Zelda so I'll wait on this one.

Movies/Netflix:

Most recent: I just saw No County for Old Men. To be honest the whole film caught me by surprise. I was edge of my seat one minute, and relaxed the next. It felt like a long journey to blue balls, but I was tricked into thinking that I was satisfied enough. Kinda like my ex use to do. I did enjoy it though, very well done and well scripted.

My brother told a while back to watch Arrested Development. I finally have seen some of it (I will see all of it eventually) but it isn't living up to the standards he set for me. It's good, just not as good as he said. But, I give his opinion the benefit of the doubt so my final judgement will hold til then.

Wonder Showzen on DVD. I can't explain this show if you have never seen it. It is like Sesame Street on Heroin and Meth...yeah. Anyway, with extended footage and deleted/outtake scenes, makes this experience all the more... ... ...eventful. It ran on MTV for 2 seasons and 16 episodes. All are just as demented as the next.

I also finish Season 1 of Seaquest DSV. I love this show. Can't wait til season 2 is available.

Drawn Togehter: Season 2 - eh, ain't missing much.

Season 2 of Hercules - this is were Bruce Campbell makes his debue as the King of Thieves. He is always entertaining.

And finally, Steven King's The Mist - not to be confused with John Carpenter's The Fog :). I love it. I usually don't get that into Steven King film adaptions. I love Shawshank, I thought Green Mile was good. His others, besides It, are alright, not my kind of stuff, but I watch them. This, though, was awesome. The movie is basically, which doesn't do it justice, SciFi. A mist rolls into a small town that happens to contain creatures from another dimension, trapping 40 some people into the local grocery store. The creatures aren't aggressive, just looking for food as any other animal does. Again, his story revolves around what humans do in dire circumstances. But what really shot this one home for me was the end message. This movie is good all the way up to the end, which is where it turns to frelling awesome. The end will have you going "Oh ...my ...gawd, ... ... ...that is a fucking kick ass story." I can't ruin this ending, it just isn't in my nature to tell you what happens. This is one you have to see for yourself.

And on that note, g-day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - Enough of the Wondershowzen. Gosh - I still can't decide if it's f'n awful or f'n funny. Ick. At least we avoided it at Turkey Day, maybe at New Years.

david golbitz said...

I dunno if you'd be interested or not, but one of the former MASH writers has a blog. He talks a lot about the process of writing and filming episodes, not just of MASH but also other shows he's been involved with, like The Simpsons, Cheers and Frasier.

His latest MASH post was just a couple days ago, about the episode titled "Point of View":

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2007/12/story-of-pov.html

He's a good writer, very funny and informative.