You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Monday, December 10, 2007

M*A*S*H

M*A*S*H was on the air for 11 years, 1972-1983. Very few series make it that far. For good reason; great writer, great cast, and a great premise. Also, M*A*S*H has been in syndication the past 25 years in every country. It is said that there isn't a time of day that M*A*S*H isn't on somewhere in the world. M*A*S*H is the most popular television series. The broadcast of the final 2 and half hour episode broke the record of the most watch show ever. Millions of people tuned in to watch it.

It wasn't always like this though. In its first season it got ranked number 48. It was going to be cancelled if it wasn't for the wife of the head of FOX. She absolutely loved the show and no one could beat pillow talk. So it ran a for another season and became the hit it is after that.

I case you didn't realize, I finished M*A*S*H. I laughed, I cried, I made sandwiches...

I also finished Wonder Showzen. A lot of shows in the second season I hadn't seen before, like an entire episode devoted to 'Horse Apples', a show within the show similar to 'Laugh In' only with white trash, rednecks and hillbillies.

I finished Zelda: Twilight Princess. Disappointing ending for my taste but pretty good for someone younger. They touched on the dark side of the video game genre but it just kinda faded away and became childish again...symbolic of the Asian culture again. I think that will be my last Zelda game that I play, I'm just not into a game that cuts out some of its target audience for the quick buck.

I also received the first season of Man vs. Wild. Miss Lynn laughed at me when I wanted first to keep all the episodes on the DVR. She something to the effect of why would I need them, do I plan to be stranded in the wild anytime soon...something like that. I collect survival shows, like real survival shows, ones that teach. I feel more at home when I watch these and learn from them. Why, I don't know. I have 2 visions of when I look to the future of my life. One is I have a daughter and I'm raising her alone. The other is I travel, I survive on my own means. These vision don't coincide, just these are what I see when I'm asked. Granted, these may be ideal in my mind, or how I want my life to turn out, but I can't shake the feeling of what I see. So, I watch every honest survival show I can find. And if you are going to retort with Survivor Man, don't. That is a reality show of a guy surviving, he doesn't teach like Man vs Wild does if you get into a trouble.

I started God of War 2 and it is about as I expected. Frelling awesome.

1 comment:

ComicFanatic - Mick said...

I love M*A*S*H, it kills me to put Harry Morgan on my celebrity list for this years death poll.

I still watch it late at night when Kris isn't around. She hates it.