You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Potter 5

I am so tired. My own doing. Normally, this wouldn't have such an effect, but I have been up late trying to finish the books up to book 4, which I didn't do. I did come to the realization that, imho, book 3 has more relevance on book 5 than book 4 does. Anyway, I think the audience participation contributed to the excitement of the film. I enjoyed watching Ms. Lynn huff and puff about how much it didn't follow the book exactly. And she enjoyed watching me see things and realize things, that she knew already, for the first time. Prof. Trelawney scene in the court yard caught me off guard and surprised me very much. Especially when Prof. McGonagall came to her aid, them sort having a bitter history together. What I was really looking forward to was the cast. I knew that they would all be back. Just about all the people from all 4 films were here and a few new additions, btw Luna Lovegood was awesome. I can't believe she beat out 15000 girls who auditioned, well done. I wish that Helena Bonham Carter had a bigger role though. She is such a terrific actress and to be given such a small part (in such a big movie), I don't know, I felt a little jilted. I think everyone did a great job, even if Ms Lynn feels that Emma Watson's acting is not growing as Daniel's and Rupert's is. I still don't like the new Dumbledore very much; I think he is good for the role seeing how Dumbledore is getting evermore darker (kinda don't want to see the old Dumbledore get that mean). But he is not convincing me as a great and powerful wizard who is very light-hearted, wise, and child's playfulness. More like a talented one who just so happens to be about as strong as Voldemort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - I'm jealous. Not that I really get out to the movies often (ever) but this is one that I really want to see. I love the books and know that they have to cut drastically, but I always enjoy the movies. I may have to figure out how to get to the movies.

ComicFanatic - Mick said...

Ok - I need to point some things out here.

First Rupert's character (Ron) only had a hand full of lines in this movie. He did do a lot of standing around and looking like he felt bad for Harry.

Luna had more lines than Ron.

I think Mrs Lynn, whom I don't know, is really wrong about Emma Watson. Of the main 3 kids she is the one that has really turned into a great actor. That being said, how would you know - although she had a great deal more lines than Rupert she still silent for much of this movie.

Fight Club chick was figgin' awesome in this movie - but I think the girl who plays Luna was the real surprise in this movie. Although she appears very different from what I imagined physically - she nailed the voice and tone of Loony Luna Lovegood.

I have to admit that I feel like this has been the best HP movie to date.