You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fuck Corporations

So get this, I, in a sense, won the opportunity to go with 1031 to see V for Vendetta. He calls me about an hour before the film starts to let me know. I have no problem with 1031 or his time of informing me. It is 6:25. By the time I get shoes, pocket stuff, coat, and bathroom it is a little after 6:30 when I head out the door. Like always, I stop at McD's to grab 2 double cheeseburgers (1 for me and 1 for 1031), it is 6:35 by the time I get back in the direction of the theater (got to love exact change). Due to traffic I reach the doors of Village Point theater at 7:10...the line is moving to get in the movie.

Let me back up here a little bit. I read 1031 blog that tickets for V of Vendetta were being given away at Krypton Comics. It was to late for me to get there so I wait for the next day. That evening, I see a commercial of Krypton Comics stating that they are giving away free tickets to V for Vendetta. The next day I call Krypton to find out if they have tickets left (why waste the gas, beside I was sure they still had some), They say "No," a little bummed but who cares right. So then I get an email from 1031 (after I post that they are out of free tickets) that says he asked someone else to go before he read my post about wanting to go, but if she falls through I get to go...cool, but no big deal...I don't expect that she will cancel...she does and now we are caught up.

I spent most of the day today in the car getting errands done (i like to condense chores into one outing, I don't like to waste fuel or my time). I totally forgot about the movie til 1031 calls me.

So the line is moving, I'm at the back. I just assume 1031 will be waiting at the theater doors to let me in. The line stops all of a sudden. There approximatly 30-50 people in front of me. This guy comes out and tells everyone outside that the theater is full...full?...how?...why?...god damn it...I drove all the way out here and they are full??!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! I wait outside in hopes that 1031 will come out and grab me cause he saved a seat...7:30...nothing...the guy who said that theater was full says to write the name, number, and address on the tickets and they can go see something else for free...i don't have a fuckin ticket...it is 7:30 I might as well as see what is playing...the only thing playing soon is "Date Movie"...that movie fuckin sucked...Everything else started at 7:00, 7:05, 7:10 sort of thing (not to mention they got shit for films at this theater) and the next showing of anything is after 9pm. Fuck this...I get home, eat my burgers, turn on the TV and what do I see...that fuckin Krypton Comics commercial about free tickets to V for Vendetta...I fuckin hate this town...in my 13+ years of seeing movies/films and seeing my fair share of sneak previews, never, NEVER, have I ever seen them turn people away cause the theater was full...never...Fuck Krypton Comics, Fuck Village Point, and Fuck V for Vendetta...i'll probably see it anyway, but it fuck it, fuck it right in its ear hole.

I check my messages and 1031 called me. He says he asked the ushers if he culd wait at the door and let me in when he sees me...no go...appearently the theater knew they over booked (in my opinoin, why wouldn't they let him do that otherwise). The only joy I got from this whole experience was the laugh I got from what 1031 said when I check my messages...he said that he really needs to get me cell phone number... ... ...I don't have a cell phone...haven't have one for 7 years... ... ... :)

P.S. I'm not mad at 1031. The situation was beyond his control and I don't have cell phone to let him know I was there.

5 comments:

david golbitz said...

I didn't think you had a cell phone, but I wasn't certain. Shot in the dark and all.

It was a pretty fucked up situation at the theatre. Not to pour salt on any wounds, but there were a few open seats left in the theatre. One was right next to me, as a matter of fact. I put my coat across the two seats and went to poke my head out the door.

I talked to some guy with a WB ID thing around his neck, told him a friend of mine was running late, but was probably there by now, etc., but he wouldn't let me check. He asked if my friend had a ticket and I was like, "No, I had the ticket. It says admit two." No dice.

And yeah, they gave away a shitload of tickets, way more than they had seats, but, as I said, I know there was more than just the one empty seat next to me in that theatre.

I wouldn't blame the theatre or Krypton. It was that WB asshole, in my opinion. I still feel bad about the whole thing, especially now that I know I was gettin' a cheeseburger out of the deal.

I'll make it up to you, man. Movie, beer, whatever you want, I'll hook you up.

AliKat said...

That really sucks. Maybe we can go see it together. I still want to see it, stupid work and not letting me go. :P

Angelkris said...

They do that all the time. There are a couple radio stations that give out free tickets on their websites like everyday, so the theaters are always overbooked. You gotta get there early to get a seat. When we got free tix to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, we got there 2 hours before the sneek peak and still had others waiting in front of us.

raptorpack said...

I don't know your schedule alikat but there is a 10pm showing at Star Cinema this Thursday. I will call 1031 and let him know as well. Other than that Saturday is free for me...

AliKat said...

I am free Thursday all day and Saturday evening.