You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Long Month

Okay, so I have plans out the wazoo. I had a doctor appointment yesterday, and hair cut (but had to re-schedule due to a long doctor appointment). I have a 'talk' tonight that I must conduct. I have dinner (supposedly) tomorrow. I have the re-scheduled hair cut on Tuesday. I have a small game night next Saturday (supposedly). A Halloween party on the 19th. A B-day party on the 20th. A dead line to meet by the 22nd. The Jolly Rogers are going to be a Val's on the 27th, which, btw, I don't care where or what else is going on...I'm going to that. And (hopefully) 3 days off starting the 30th for a wedding.

Now that may not seem like a lot, but combine it with trying to chew through 8 seasons of M*A*S*H, as much Netflix as possible, and try to beat HauntingGround so that I can move on to the next game a finish these lists, as well as clean and re-arrange my room to how I like. Get the house on a bit of a clean schedule. Shop for new clothes at the Goodwills (I really need it. I'm almost down to rags). And counsel a few friends. This is what takes a lot out of me. It's just that most of the time all they want is company and very little advice. The stigma of a counselor. You never understand why people don't listen; kids don't listen cause they don't know how (well, fully how yet); adults...well, I think it is because they just want people to tell them they are doing the right thing and effing up all the time. Now, I take everything people tell me, about me, to heart. You think I'm effing up, tell me. I either know and do so cause it is funny to me, or am completely oblivious to it. I do enjoy the people that want me to listen, hell, anybody to listen. They just need to vent. This I like. This I enjoy. And usually I offer a different POV for them to look at or think about. But man the ones who just...in one ear and out their ass.

Anyway, I had my little sabbatical from the world and now time to re-enter a few circles. And wouldn't you know. I take a little time off, and when I come back it is like all hell broke loose. Well, it feels like that. In truth, it is more like I am re-entering hell. Oh, let me make one thing clear. My definition of hell and yours are 2 completely different things. It isn't fire and brimstone. It isn't torturous. It isn't an eternity of anguish and suffering. It just seems like it. My hell is life itself. The struggle of day to day. Some days to take 2 steps forward and some you take 5 back.

I have a few sayings from my ancient wisdom calender.

Unless we agree to suffer, we cannot be free from suffering.

If you do not get it from yourself, where will you go for it?

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.

All wisdom is rooted in learning to call things by the right name.

If ordinary people know, they are sages. If sages understand, they are ordinary people.

To understand the currents of the river, he who wishes to know the truth must enter the water.

He who knows others is wise: he who knows himself is enlightened.

To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.

And my favorite:
If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

8 seasons of MASH?! My gawd.

-Ben