You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Peanut Butter Update Time, Peanut Butter Update Time

Immediately after my dog died, I went to a friends house to hang out. A little smoke, combined with the cold air (he opened a window to let the smoke out), in addition to us cracking up at youtube stuff til 3am; well, my throat was not happy with me. Friday evening, I hung out with another friend (smoker but not so much around me) who just finished being sick with sinus and respiratory infections with a cold and whatever else was going around. My throat was still kinda sore from a few nights ago but Saturday morning...my body was telling me I had had it. So horribly sick Saturday and Sunday. I have like half a day's worth of sick time left, I work half the day on Monday, take all of Tuesday off (forced to take 'leave without pay'), go to the doctor for the first time on my own, I get me some antibiotics and I happen to mention that I have been feeling a little down lately with everything that has been happening so, he gives me some samples of 'happy' pills. I say no to the prescription, I'd like to see what they do before I pay 200 bucks or something like that. In short, my throat still hurts but extremely less than it did a week ago, I wake up constantly through the night because of some wicked bad sinus drainage (its drying out my throat to the point where it feels like my flesh is cracking). So, I drink like a gallon of water to dampen my throat only to wake up 30 mins later because I gotta pee and need to drink some more because I can feel my throat getting dry again. As for the 'happy' pills, I don't notice any change in mood (believe me, I observe closely what these things could be doing to me). I do notice 2 things though; 1 it also acts as an antihistamine, 2 I seem to be more decisive, like less lazy. Not like energetic, just...like this needs gettin' done and this and this, so I do it. I still get my TV watching in, and games, but it seems I do more. That could be because I'm getting better, though. Anyway, holiday party this weekend for the company. Don't know how much I'll enjoy that.

2 comments:

JLGB said...

Thanks for the image of the dancing banana now stuck in my head. :) I understand these symptoms... where you begin a snotty mess but are turned into a tongue of sandpaper at night when all the moisture is sucked out of you by the medicine. I also understand the initial change from your happy pills.... I have always somehow linked happiness with productivity; the more I get accomplished, the happier I become. I wouldn't underestimate such effects.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are starting to feel better. Guess we need to get a smoke eater for the house if it was from us. A side note with the pills - remember that it usually takes about 30 days for the "therapeutic dose" to be in effect and depending on what the Dr. put you on, some shouldn't be stopped cold turkey. Just an FYI I learned from my clients.