You Are 78% Evil
You are very evil. And you're too evil to care. Those who love you probably also fear you. A lot.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Late promise to be fulfilled...

So, what is going on...I finished orientation last week and am in training now...probably for a few more weeks.

The money matter was sort of resolved at work, I was able to basically come into work a few hours later in order to obtain the differential during the training; bonus...

The training is very redundant, which is to expected from a highly regulated company that has to adhere to strict rules laid out by the FDA...but, it needs to be and at least I'm being paid.

Also, I may have...exaggerated about my problems inadvertently...you see I was kinda seeing red and I was still on the getting paid every week from my temp job so I forgot that I was suppose to double the pay for the pay checks...yeah...my bad...

Also, I got an email last week that my student loans are finalized to be consolidated and have to wait about a week or 2 for them to pay them off and then I start paying them...this a huge relief off my shoulders...a $400 a month expense to a $185 a month.

And since the money is a little more than I thought I may be able to move sooner...which I kinda want to do. But, may be delayed due to construction...

But to bring reference to the title of my post I doing something I promised myself to do when I was in Korea. To play the Suikoden series from beginning to end. Now I gave a pretty decent post to this during the Korean Chronicles but I would like to post this link for anybody (which is probably nobody) that is interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suikoden I couldn't believe I found it on Wikipedia. Anyway, now many people know me as a big (not huge) Final Fantasy Fan; well, when it comes to the RPG's of all time there are only 3 that truly make the list.

1. Xenogears/Xenosaga
2. Suikoden
3. Final Fantasy

yeah, that's right....I did it. I put 2 RPG's before FF. Nothing can compare to FF's seniority in the RPG world but I have only encountered 2 RPG's stories that rival those of the famous FF series. In truth only Xengears holds the #1 spot and not Xenosaga, but Xenosaga is the prequel to Xenogears...they had to change the name for copyright laws. And FF addresses much about human nature but Suikoden holds the great stories. It is war.

"Each game centers around relative themes of politics, corruption, revolution, mystical orbs known as True Runes, and the "108 Stars of Destiny." Though the games follow an irregular chronological sequence, the entire series takes place within the same world among overlapping histories."

I really couldn't have put this better.

And Xenogears...well, that is just epic...

Anyway, I'm happy to be doing something I like again and can enjoy doing it as well (sometimes I really get sick of games...really sick of games).

2 comments:

JLGB said...

always good to find out you are less broke than you thought you were. speaking of money - did you get my "present" from beckoo yet? there's cash in there, too!

raptorpack said...

I got it about 2 days ago...and even though Becs knew what was in it she could restrain her self from open it...she says she is addicted to opening...stuff. I'm gonna get a continuously opening present for birthday...see how much likes open things then ;)